Body Care Program
In the USA, the retail market for personal care products is growing every year. Behind all those bottles of cleansers and creams are millions of farmers and farm workers in Africa, Asia and Latin America, many of whom struggle to make a profit off their crops. Fair Trade USA , together with our brand partners, now extends the benefits of Fair Trade to the farmers and workers that grow high-quality ingredients. A growing list of Fair Trade ingredients is available in raw, processed and extracted formats for use in personal care products. These include organic and conventional shea butter, cocoa butter, sugar, olive oil, honey, rice, sesame oil, coconut oil, Brazil nut oil, coffee, tea, herbs, fruits, and flowers. These ingredients can be used in a variety of personal care products, including body and hair moisturizers, balms, cleansers, scrubs, masks, make up and more.
How to Import Fair Trade Body Care Products
- Sign a Fair Trade USA certification and licensing agreement.
- Pay Fair Trade USA an annual importer fee of $500.
- Purchase Fair Trade Certified productsfrom Fair Trade cooperatives, producer groups or exporters certified by FLO-Cert. Sell Fair Trade Certified products to other Fair Trade registered traders and operators.
- Pay at least the Fair Trade minimum price and the designated Fair Trade premium and organic differentials as applicable to the certified cooperative--see the Pricing Database.
- Submit quarterly reports to Fair Trade USA on Fair Trade Certified imports and sales. Undergo, and comply with, regular desk audits and on-site audits.
- Sell Fair Trade Certified ingredients and connect your clients to Fair Trade USA so they can register and display the Fair Trade Certified logo.
How to Sell Fair Trade Body Care Products
- Sign a Fair Trade USA certification and licensing agreement. Contact Fair Trade USA to receive and sign our product application and certification agreement to become a licensed brand or manufacturer.
- Purchase Fair Trade Certified ingredients from importers licensed by Fair Trade USA. A list of registered suppliers is available upon request from your Fair Trade USA support team.
- Get approval from Fair Trade USA for all personal care products packaging carrying the Fair Trade Certified label.
- Submit brief quarterly reports to Fair Trade USA of Fair Trade Certified ingredients purchases.
- Undergo, and comply with, regular desk audits and on-site audits.
- Work with Fair Trade USA support team on exciting marketing opportunities for your products.