Fair Trade Certified Iced Coffee- A Refreshing Caffeine Fix
It's reaching temperatures of 100 degrees where some of us live, but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying your daily caffeine fix with a delicious cup of Fair Trade Certified coffee. Even though it might be too warm for a cup of hot coffee, it's never too warm for an ice-cold glass of delicious, Fair Trade iced coffee.
During the summer, iced coffee is the perfect drink to wake you up in the morning, to get you through the work day, and is also the ideal companion when you're lying by the pool. It's pretty much fitting for any situation.
However, don't be fooled- iced coffee is not as simple as pouring hot coffee over ice. Here's a great recipe for making some Iced Coffee with your favorite Fair Trade Certified brand!
Fair Trade Certified Iced Coffee
Yields: 4 Servings
Duration: 12 hours, 20 minutes Preparation time: 10 minutes Inactive: 12 hours
- 1 cup coarse-ground Fair Trade Certified coffee beans
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Mesh strainer (with large coffee filters if desired)
- 4 teaspoons of Fair Trade Certified Sugar
- Take coarse-ground coffee beans and combine with water in a container or bowl
- Cover and let sit at room temperature for 8-12 hours or overnight
- Pour through mesh strainer (with large coffee filters if desired), and repeat until grounds are removed from coffee
- Place in refridgerator until chilled
- Serve over ice and enjoy with 1 teaspoon of Fair Trade Certified Sugar (or your favorite creamer) and stir!
Photos, Recipe, and Post by Spencer Head, Marketing Intern and Student at Loyola Marymount University