- 1 cup uncooked Fair Trade Certified Purple Jasmine Rice
- 4 Fair Trade Certified bell peppers, preferably different colors
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp Fair Trade Certified dry ginger
- 1Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, minced
- 3 cups diced chard leaves
- 2 cans tuna in water, no salt, drained
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chopped Fair Trade Certified brazil nuts*
- Cook rice according to directions on package.
- In a large saucepan, sauté ginger, garlic, zucchini and sun dried tomatoes. As the zucchini softens, add the chard and continue to sauté. Add the sautéed vegetables to the rice. Cover and simmer until all of the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let cool. Blend in the tuna and vinegar to taste.
- Wash the bell peppers and remove the tops. Scoop out and discard the seeds. Scoop ¼ cup of the mixture into each pepper.
*Supplement macadamia nuts if FTC nuts are unavailable.
Additional Fair Trade Certified Topping Ideas
- Fair Trade Certified cacao nibs from TCHO
- Fair Trade Certified banana slices
- Fair Trade Certified brown sugar
- Fair Trade Certified honey
- Fair Trade Certified vanilla
- Fair Trade Certified nutmeg or cinnamon