- 1 cup Fair Trade Certified quinoa  (rinse and dry before using)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1 tsp Fair Trade Certified dry ginger *
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp toasted walnut oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a frying pan, lightly toast quinoa for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and combine with mint, ginger and salt.
- In a large 2-quart saucepan, bring the water and quinoa mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook for 6-8 minutes, until the water is fully absorbed and the quinoa is light and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, in a cup, whisk together the oil and lime juice. Pour the quinoa from a saucepan into a mixing bowl. Fold toppings into the quinoa. Pour the dressing over the quinoa mixture and combine well. You may serve this warm or cold by allowing it to chill at least one hour (better if overnight).
* Supplement Fair Trade Certified cinnamon or nutmeg for additional flavor